Dream Catcher Therapy Center, Inc. is always welcoming new volunteers. If you are looking to help out and make a difference in the community look no further! This page outlines the areas where you can help out and the steps of joining our team.
Volunteering requires commitment and a love for what you believe in. Here at DCTC we rely heavily on committed and reliable volunteers. If you are unable to come on your chosen day call us as soon as you know you won't be able to come or at least 24 hours in advance.
What We Look For In Volunteers
Dream Catcher Therapy Center, Inc is a working facility. There is always something that needs to be done. Our volunteers need to be:
- Self Motivated
- Hard Working
How to Become a Volunteer
- Please give us a call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know when you would like a tour of the facility. At that time our orientation will provide you with information about our organization and help you understand what volunteering with us entails.
- Fill out and submit your Volunteer Application which will be given to you at the end of the orientation if you are still interested in volunteering with us.
- Schedule a volunteer interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. This will help us get to know you and match you to a position in our team.
- Attend a Training Day for your specific role. Training Days will be scheduled at the Volunteer Interview we aim to have one training each month so long as interest is there.
- Set up a schedule with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Under the age of 18? A parent or LEGAL guardian must attend the orientation.
- Children, under 13 yrs, must be supervised by their parents at all times.
- No Horse Experience Is Required for non-horse related jobs, we will train you!
- A Release/Waiver Form must be completed and signed.
For more information on our Olathe facility please call 970-323-5400.
We have many new volunteers or some that would like a refresher course in basic horse care. Contact us to see when our next orientation will be.
Where Will You Fit?
We have many different jobs that volunteers can help us with. Where will you fit? Keep in mind that each job requires a different training.
Barn Hand~Cleaning pens and waters. Keeping the facility clean and organized.
Office Helper~Filing paper work, answering the phone, keeping office clean and organized, computer work.
Horse Handler~Help groom and prepare horses for therapy sessions. Assist with THEraPlate and first aid.
Side Walker~Assist in Hippotherapy and Therapeutic Riding sessions
Community Advocate~Working off site to help spread awareness, raise funds, and share information.
Have a special skill like marketing, sewing, secretarial skills? We will find you a special job!
Volunteering is Special
Volunteers are what make this organization possible. We are a nonprofit with a very small staff and rely heavily on committed and reliable volunteers. If you do choose to volunteer with us we ask that you can commit at least 1 day a week (4 hours a day) for a period of 6 months. This work is very rewarding in and of its self but you must be sure you are volunteering because you have a passion for helping horses and people. Volunteers should not expect to get paid, ride horses or otherwise be compensated for their time. You will gain wonderful experiences and a great deal of knowledge simply by interacting with the horses and staff.